A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, September 16, 2004

About Arlington

When I was in Maryland for a few days in August, I made a side trip to Arlington National Cemetery. I spent only a few hours there, and it was incredibly peaceful. I stopped at some of the famous sites, but I was particularly impressed by the rows of markers honoring the dead. I created some scrapbook pages about the trip.

Arlington, Page 1
Arlington, Page 2

In Memoriam, Page 1
In Memoriam, Page 2

Like any art or craft, scrapbooking is a process. The first set of pages (with the red, white, and blue color scheme) came together quickly. I spent considerably more time on the In Memoriam pages, though they look simpler. Color selection was the issue, but I'm satisfied--if not thrilled--with the results.

I picked up some developed pictures today: some from a trip to the zoo with one of my nieces; the other roll is from the Utah Shakespearean Festival. I'm planning to scrap with photos from the latter roll this weekend. I have some paper in mind that I think will be perfect. That doesn't always happen, but I appreciate it when it does.

In the meantime, however, I'm hoping to finish Mind Game. I finished my review of Don't Look Now. It should be posted sometime next week. I should also be getting a new package of books to review, and that's always fun. I love opening the package and seeing what's inside. And when I don't have review books, there's always my TBR list . . .

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home