A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Tuesday, September 14, 2004

About Organization

I can't count the number of books I've collected over the years. I'm trying to sort them, but I have a hard time letting go, especially when I pay full price. It doesn't help that I'm a packrat to begin with. I moved into my first house last year and discovered that I have boxes of books that I barely remember reading. I must go through these boxes and decide what to keep so I can get things organized.

Used books are a little easier to let go. I frequent two used bookstores: one is 15 minutes away and the other is 30-40 minutes away. I've also started using my local library. Often I'll be intrigued by a book because of its plot or a book review. Now I search the library catalog first unless it's an author I buy automatically. I check out a book, read it, and make a decision about whether I want to buy a copy. I've saved a lot of money with this method. Still, I can say with honesty that I have too many books. Going through them will take time.

I have a considerable pile of books I'm waiting to read, sometimes called TBR (to be read). On Saturday, I resigned myself to the fact that I needed a larger bookcase for them, so I moved one upstairs. This has reduced the piles of books in my bedroom. I'm now using the smaller bookcases to hold my collection of audiobooks and the duplicate copies of books I have for my mini lending library. Now I'm hoping to make a dent in my TBR pile. This, too, will take time.

Alyssa

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home