Comfort Reads
I turn to comfort reads when I look at my TBR pile and nothing catches my fancy, when I'm having a bad day, or when I don't have much time to spare but still want to read. Comfort reads are those reliable books that you enjoy each time, even if you've read them a dozen times before. When I pick up one of these books, I don't usually start at the beginning and read it all the way through. Instead, I start with a memorable scene. I may read more scenes or I may stop with one--whatever works in the time I have.
Several authors qualify as my comfort reads: J.D. Robb, Rachel Gibson, Suzanne Brockmann, Charlaine Harris. I'm sure I left out a few names. I'll do individual blogs about each of these authors in the future, but for now, I'll simply mention that J.D. Robb's Witness in Death is today's comfort read. I'm a big fan of the In Death series. I read them more for the relationships than the mystery, and Eve and Roarke are particularly sweet in this installment. The dinner scene is perhaps my favorite moment with the couple.
Once I finish Witness, I'll turn my attention to something new. Ah, decisions. But for now, I'm just going to light a scented candle, settle into my book, and enjoy.
Alyssa
Labels: in death series
1 Comments:
Since I grew up reading Agatha Christie, Witness is one of my favourites in the series. I, too, love the dinner scene. It ties for my favourite scene with one in Rapture, the first time Eve tells Roarke that she loves him, without prompting. I posted about that scene here:
http://rosario.blogspot.com/2002_11_24_rosario_archive.html#85173109
As for comfort reads, I think my top authors have to be Jayne Ann Krentz and Barbara Michaels.
Post a Comment
<< Home