Locked Out
I took another day off work today, though that wasn't my original plan. I walked out of the house, locked the door behind me, and realized that I didn't have my keys. I was locked out of both my house and my car. Thankfully, I had my cell phone, so I called my mom, who (bless her!) drove to my house and called AAA so they could open my car door. From there, I would be able to open the garage door and get into the house.
At first, everything went as planned. My mom came over, called AAA, and we waited. They came after about half an hour, then tried for at least an hour to get into my car. The man had a number of tools, but none of them were working. In the meantime, the clock was ticking. I missed one meeting, and I was supposed to be having lunch with a friend soon. And the poor guy was still trying to open my car door. Finally, he had a friend come by with another tool, and that one worked. By this time, however, it was almost noon. I decided that after I had lunch with my friend, made a quick stop at the store, and drove to work, there would only be a few hours left in the day, so I called and said I wouldn't be coming.
Instead, I went to the craft store with my mom, met Lisa for lunch, ran some errands, and came home. It was a nice afternoon, though I hadn't planned to take another day off. I'll have a lot of work to do next week.
In other news, I finished Mind Game. The second half of the book was better than the first, but it wasn't good enough. I rate it at 2 out of 5. Next on my list is Sarah Strohmeyer's Bubbles Ablaze, which is third in a series. I checked the fourth one out of the library, so I've got to get reading. I'm also working on my next TRR review.
After reading an invitation on another website, I'm compiling a list of my favorite 100 romance novels. Generating a list of 100 favorites won't be too difficult, but I know I'll have trouble putting them in order. At any rate, it's an interesting project, and I'll post it here once I finish it.
I created several more scrapbook pages tonight. Along with the ones about the Shakespearean Festival, I scrapped some photos of my nieces and nephew. I've had the pictures for a while and finally did the pages. Other than a few out-of-control gobs of glue, I'm pleased with the way they turned out.
The World's a Stage, Page 1
The World's a Stage, Page 2
Enjoying the Lights, Page 1
Enjoying the Lights, Page 2
Alyssa
Labels: life, scrapbooking
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home