A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, September 26, 2004

Reading Marathon

I've been on a book-reading marathon, which started with When He Was Wicked. What I learned is that I shouldn't start a Julia Quinn novel in the evening. I ended up staying up to the wee hours of the morning. I loved it and rate it 5 out of 5. That sent me to the bookstore on Friday. I bought To Sir Phillip, With Love, which I read yesterday. I enjoyed that one very much also: 4 out of 5. I'm fond of stories that include exchanges of letters, so I loved the way this one started. I was incredibly moved by the scene where Phillip tells Eloise about his first marriage. I can tell I'm going to look for more of her books on my next bookstore trip.

On Friday, I read Justine Davis's In His Sights. I've enjoyed a number of her books in the past; in fact, three of her books are on my top 100 list. This one was a 3 out of 5. Rand is investigating a series of thefts at Redstone, Inc., and Kate is a suspect. Of course, they fall in love. The story wasn't bad, but it wasn't particularly memorable, either.

Here are my latest scrapbook pages:

In the Garden, Page 1
In the Garden, Page 2

Family Portrait, Page 1
Family Portrait, Page 2

Now I think I'll finish my list of my 100 favorite romances. I keep talking about it--now it's time to finish it.

Alyssa

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home