A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Saturday, March 05, 2005

Degrees of Separation

I was thinking about what a roundabout journey it was for me to discover Jill Shalvis and thought I'd play the degrees of separation game. Here's how it works out:

The Romance Reader --> I Brake for Bad Boys --> Bad Boys on Board --> Men of Courage II --> Seduce Me

I read a review on The Romance Reader that led me to buy I Brake for Bad Boys. I liked it so much that I bought a few more Brava anthologies, including Bad Boys on Board, where I first read Donna Kauffman. I fell in love with her work, so I bought Men of Courage II, where I also read Jill Shalvis's story. This led me to read the first full-length Shalvis book, Seduce Me.

Wanna play? Pick a book you read recently and outline the degrees of separation.

Alyssa

Labels:

3 Comments:

At March 06, 2005 7:40 AM, Blogger Wendy said...

If you can get your hands on it - I found Kauffman's story in the BAD BOYS NEXT EXIT anthology really fantastic. Some readers were turned off by the hero taking photographs (wink wink nudge nudge), but I found it rather sexy myself....

 
At March 06, 2005 11:21 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

Well, here's one for a book I bought today while grocery shopping.

Surfing Romancing the Blog-->Nina Bangs blog-->post about new books--->see book in store and think, hmm, she has black cats on her blog and site, I like black cats --->buy Night Bites book.

And it was all cuz I went to her site and had her book image in my mind. Pure impulse. I'm not even sure I want to read about vamps right now. lol

 
At March 08, 2005 9:04 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Wendy,

I have that anthology--in fact, it might be time for a reread. :)

Nicole,

I found it quite interesting to think about how I found a specific author or book. I hope you did too, and that you enjoy Night Bites.

Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home