Another Working Day Has Ended
I seem to be in a weird place emotionally, and I'm not sure what to do about it. The fact that I'm physically exhausted is a big part of this. Every year at this time, I know that I will have to work overtime. I know that and expect that. It's never been quite this bad, however. Consistent overtime for months just leads to burnout, a state I hit several weeks ago. A number of other people in the department are working late, too, so I can't shift some of my workload to them. This week I'm planning to talk to my boss about hiring at least one more person.
I've indulged in more book and scrapbooking supply shopping than usual--a sure sign that I'm stressed. I'm also eagerly anticipating my May vacation, all three days of it, though it would be nice if I could get rid of the bags under my eyes by then. I'm also not convinced that May will ever arrive. Right now, I'm very much focused on getting through each day.
I'm still reading and hope to post soon about some recent reads. First, though, I need to make some headway in house cleaning. It's fallen by the wayside lately.
Happy reading,
Alyssa
P.S. Does anyone know what Police song the title of this blog entry is from? Extra points if you do. :)
Labels: life
3 Comments:
Overtime should be outlawed. I hope things slow down for you soon.
I agree with Jill.
The song? I know which song the blog entry title is from, but I cannot spell it! Let me try: sinchroncity. No - synchroncity. OK, I'll cheat and check the dictionary ... Synchronicity! :D
I'm with both of you. I don't know who came up with the idea of overtime, but it sucks. And who came up with the five-day work week? A sadist, I'm sure. It doesn't make for a balanced life, that's for sure.
Maili, you're right about the song title.
:)
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home