A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Hard to Handle

After hearing about the fundraising efforts for Jamie Denton, I realized that I hadn't read anything she's written. I bought Hard to Handle yesterday and loved it: 4.5 out of 5.

The plot: Mikki and Nolan were divorced several years ago. Make that, they thought they were divorced. Then Nolan finds out that the divorce is invalid. Since he never wanted the divorce, he decides this is the perfect opportunity to get back into Mikki's life.

I loved this story. Nolan and Mikki's chemistry is immediately evident, as is the fact that they still have feelings for each other. However, Mikki has kept a few secrets from Nolan that make a reconciliation challenging. I liked both characters and got caught up in the story. It deals with some interesting issues as well--it's more a serious than lighthearted Blaze, which is exactly what I needed. Sometimes I enjoy reading good angst.

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

At April 10, 2005 12:01 PM, Blogger Nicole said...

I've read a few Jamie Denton books and enjoyed them. I have Hard to Handle, but I haven't read it yet. I bought some books from the fundraiser and already received them. She was very nice when I'd talked to her (when I'd reviewed some of her books).

 
At April 13, 2005 9:50 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I need to look for more of her books the next time I hit the UBS.

I bought a set of books from the fundraiser, too. I should get them later this week or early next week. I hope they are able to raise enough funds so she doesn't have to worry about medical expenses.

Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home