A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Hunter's Moon

After reading and enjoying Lori Handeland's Blue Moon, I was excited to read the next installment in the series, Hunter's Moon. While I didn't enjoy it as much as the first, it's still a strong read: 4 out of 5.

This story takes place in the same world as Blue Moon; in fact, the hero and heroine of that book play key roles in Hunter's Moon. But the focus is on Leigh, who has hunted werewolves for two years. This book is told in first-person from her point of view. Her latest mission takes her to Crow Valley, where she meets a mysterious man named Damien.

As I mentioned, this is a strong story. The plot takes an interesting (and at times surprising) direction. To avoid spoilers, I won't say more, but there are plenty of twists and turns to make the story exciting. Hunter's Moon seemed darker to me than its predecessor.

The romance is the weakest part of the story. Their relationship becomes physical quickly, which isn't a problem by itself; however, we're told rather than shown that their feelings for each other are deepening. More of the getting-to-know-you stuff would have helped here. I was more (though not completely) convinced of their feelings by the end of the book.

The third book in the series is Dark Moon; there's a short excerpt from it in the back of this book. Add another book to my to-be-bought list.

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home