A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Reading Spaces

A few years ago, I bought a chaise for my bedroom. It's very comfortable, and I thought it would be a great place to read. In spite of this, I read in bed more often than not. I think it's habit. When I have at least an hour to read, I light a scented candle. This weekend I've been burning a new scent named Hawaiian Rain Forest, and I love it.

Where do you read? And what are your while-reading habits (candles, music, etc.)?

Alyssa

Labels:

3 Comments:

At April 10, 2005 11:56 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I usually read in bed and that's where the majority of my reading gets done. I also occasionally read at the kitchen table when it's an unbound arc (they're a little hard to read in bed). I also like to sit on a comfy chair in the living room on weekend either watching tv with my husband or while he's playing video games.

But Mmm....good candles...I'd love to have a chaise lounge and a table with a great smelling candle on it. That would be perfect.

 
At April 10, 2005 2:22 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

When I have uninterrupted time (ie. no boyfriend at home!) I'll read sprawled out on my living room couch. I also have a great overstuffed chair in the living room complete with ottoman that works in a pinch.

If I'm going on a reading jag for several hours, I'll light a scented candle. But typically it's me, my book, and a nice cup of hot tea :)

 
At April 11, 2005 12:11 PM, Blogger Rosario said...

I don't really have a special place at home. I'll read on my bed (sprawled on my stomach, actually. I've no idea why it doesn't screw up my back), at the kitchen table, on a beach chair in the patio, when it's warm outside, and of course, on the... ahem... throne. Just about everywhere, really.

Where I do have a special reading place is at my parents' appartment at the beach. There's this really comfortable armchair with its own thingie to put up my feet and a little table next to the right arm, where I can place a glass of wine. It's almost on the (closed) balcony, so it's got great light. Whenever I spend the weekend there I practically don't move from that chair.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home