Brave New World
Yes, this is still Alyssa's Book Blog--I've just treated myself to a new look! After changing my template so often and spending so much time surfing the web for blog templates, I decided it was time for a custom template. Here it is, courtesy of Ciao! My Bella!'s designer Mia, who worked with me to create a design I love. I'm more pleased than I can say about the new look.
I'm currently reading Nancy Butler's The Bartered Heart for Keishon's TBR challenge. I used to read Regencies all the time. Now I read a much wider variety of genres and don't read Regencies unless I'm in the right mood for them. I do need to work on whittling down my TBR list, though. So far, I'm discovering that The Bartered Heart isn't your usual Regency. I'll report more fully once I'm finished.
Alyssa
Labels: blogging, tbr challenge
10 Comments:
Oooh...I want one of my own! Erm...can I ask how much it costs? I suspect some saving might be involved. Or groveling to DH.
Nicole, it was $89--more than I'd hoped to spend, but I was surfing for templates so often that I figured I would save money in the long run. LOL! I used some of my tax refund, but saving would work, too.
I should mention that I did some investigating before I decided who to go with, and I feel like I got a good value.
Alyssa
I've looked at them before. Maybe someday! I'll definitely be checking for specials they have.
Nicole, I forgot to mention that they are having a May special: buy one, get one free. If you know someone else who wants a template and is willing to pay half, you'd be getting a great deal.
Jorie, I know what you mean. The Bartered Heart is taking much longer to read than it should. I keep putting it down and picking up something else. I haven't figured out if it's the book or if it's the fact that it's a Regency.
Alyssa
Pretty! I like!
Well, not feasible to get it this month. I think it's at least a couple months down the line. But someday!
I love love love the new look. I've already contacted Mia to get one of my own. If anyone out there is interested in splitting the buy one/give one special with me, let me know. If not, I'll just keep the other for myself ;)
Oooooh, I love the new look! And I'm so dang jealous! I really need to stop buying books for a while, and save my money towards purchasing a template of my own.
Easier said than done right?
Alyssa: love the new look!
Hey, love the new look!!!
Post a Comment
<< Home