Computer Woes
For months now, I haven't been able to turn off my computer. When I ask it to shut down or restart, it just gets stuck until I have to do the Alt + Ctrl + Del thing. I'm very worried that it's going to shut down completely at any moment and I'll be unable to retrieve any files from it. (Knock on wood.)
It's scaring me a bit to think about this, but I'm considering a new purchase--a laptop computer. This has been in the back of my mind for a while; I think, wouldn't it be nice to be able to take it on trips? And to use it in the same room as the TV? I could also use it to read e-books away from my computer desk--still on a computer screen, but in more comfortable surroundings.
Apparently this is a year for significant electronics purchases. First my digital camera, now this . . .
Alyssa
Labels: life
8 Comments:
I totally recommend a laptop! It will change your life!!!! I LOVE MINE!! Okay, I'm a tad obsessive-sounding.... LOL.
Have you reformatted it yet? I'd do that and see how it works before I completely gave up on it.
I'm with Suzanne. You'll wonder how you ever lived without it. Of course, it allows me to have a baby crawling all over me since I can sit on the floor with her, but I love the convenience of it.
I use a laptop every day, and I couldn't imagine being without it.
I completely agree with Suzanne, Angie & Jill! I love my laptop. I don't even have a desktop system now.
Nicole, I did Disk Cleanup and Defragmenter. Is that what you mean, or are you thinking of something else?
It sounds like a few of you endorse getting a laptop. LOL! I'm in the research stage at the moment, so we'll see how things go. I appreciate your comments and encouragement.
Alyssa
No, I mean have did a complete reinstall of windows. It'll wipe your hard drive clean and sometimes it's like hvaing a new computer. Disk cleanup and defrag can only do so much. Reformatting isn't that hard, you just need backups of everything and the disks to reinstall programs. I do it every year or so just to keep things clean and running well on my computer.
Not that a laptop isn't nice, but you might just need a clean reformat for it to work well. That is, unless it's a hardware problem.
Nicole, just thinking about a reinstall makes me nervous. LOL! But I'll consider it. I really should back everything up anyway (knock on wood).
Skarr, hey, if you're a published e-book author, I'd say you're no longer an aspiring writer. If you'd like me to read the book, I'd certainly consider it. I have some other books I need to review first. Then I have to find my PDA. The reading at the computer thing sucks.
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home