A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Fascinating

See the blue circle in a box under the credits section of my sidebar? It's for Extreme Tracking, a free service that tells me how people find my blogs--what sites they link from, what searches they made, and so on. It also tells me about individual visitors to my blog. Interesting stuff.

Anyway, I noticed from my site counter stats that I've had increased traffic lately, so I thought I'd check it out. I've only been using the service for a month or so, but I tend to check out the tracking stats every two weeks or so.

Here are search engine queries that brought up my blog:

  • Murder in the Hamptons (Yes, I reviewed it)

  • Laurie Monroe scrapbooking (Well, there's Laurie Likes Books, Lucy Monroe, and scrapbooking--one link, one author, and one topic I regularly discuss)

  • Writing about Cinderella story (Huh?)

  • Sony DSCWS (A digital camera I considered until I bought my Fugifilm)

  • Bubble gum ice cream Tampa (I think I've mentioned that bubble gum ice cream is a guilty pleasure, and I made a recent trip to Tampa)

  • Leslie Kelly Make Me Over (I've blogged about Leslie Kelly, but not this particular book)

  • Alyssa's sampler (Well, my name is Alyssa, but other than that . . .)

  • Blog Swapping (Don't know why this should come up more than any other blog)

  • A Cinderella Story the Book (Don't know)

  • 2B (Isn't this a book? I haven't blogged about it)

  • Scrapping book (I've mentioned both scrapping and books, as well as scrapbooks)

  • Undead and Unappreciated Excerpt (I've mentioned this book a few times)

  • Tim Bindner Child Murder (I reviewed a true-crime book about Tim Bindner, though his status as a murderer remains unproven)

  • Book Scrapping (See "Scrapping book" above)

  • Stefani Powers (Did I mention a miniseries of hers, Deception, that's one of my guilty pleasures? Otherwise, I have no idea)

  • Where can I find Tina Donahue books? (Not here, though I might have written about a Brava anthology with her in it.)

It amazes me what people search for.

As for people following links from other blogs, Maili, Rosario, and Kristie are the top three referring sites. In the past week or so, I've gotten traffic from people visiting Keishon's site (thanks for linking to my response to your TBR challenge!), Charlaine Harris's message board (where I posted a link to the blog entry about the signing), and Romancing the Blog (since I posted a column there last week).

I don't know if any of this really means anything, but it's fascinating stuff.

Alyssa

Labels:

4 Comments:

At May 20, 2005 2:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Blog stats are incredibly fascinating. I spend way too much time looking at mine!

 
At May 21, 2005 10:10 AM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one intrigued by stats.

Alyssa

 
At May 24, 2005 1:34 PM, Blogger Rosario said...

Alyssa, thanks for mentioning this! The stats service I've been using is crap, so I switched to this one and I've been having lots of fun, especially with the search queries people did to get to my blog. Best today: "big tits bayou". It brought up my comments on Nora Roberts' Midnight Bayou, where I mention I like that the heroine's comfortable with her own sexuality: "No "Oh, no! My tits are too big, men will find me disgusting!" nonsense here"

Glad to see I'm sending people your way! Probably because you're the first in my list of links ;-)

 
At May 25, 2005 8:57 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Rosario, I'm glad you're finding these stats more useful. I like them quite a bit.

LOL! on the "big tits bayou." It's amazing to see (1) what phrases can be found in the blog, and (2) what phrases people are searching for.

Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home