A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Overtime

I've been working overtime again, this time on the blog. Apparently the font on my new blog template translated em-dashes, apostrophes, and quotation marks into things like this: ’. So, I went back through every blog entry and manually changed them. I won't even guess how many hours it took. Let's put it this way: many, many hours. However, I'm glad it's done and now the text is readable again. If you see strange characters like ’, let me know. (Unfortunately, I can't edit them out of the comments, but feel free to point out any others.)

While I was making these manual changes, I added links where appropriate and corrected inconsistencies--for example, "book signing" should now be two words instead of one word in some places and two words in others. I also changed the titles of some posts. Sometimes I hate being a writer; I can never resist the urge to revise.

Alyssa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At May 25, 2005 7:18 PM, Blogger Angela James said...

I notice when I write my entries in Word that this happens to my blog. I think it has something to do with the font that was used to write the entries versus what the template is set to display. But don't quote me on that. I feel your pain though because I've had to go back and change all those things too after posting an entry. It is irritating, isn't it?

 
At May 25, 2005 8:59 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Yes, that's Word for you. I got in the habit of using it months ago when I lost a few long blog entries and had to rewrite them. I'll still probably use it, then change them manually in Blogger.

Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home