A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Monday, May 09, 2005

Preparations

It's hard to believe that it's already May. On Wednesday, I am going to Phoenix, Arizona for a book signing for Charlaine Harris. I'm looking forward to it. I'll pick up her new book, Dead As a Doornail, and will have her sign the other books as well.

As much as I am looking forward to meeting Charlaine Harris, I'm also excited about leaving town. I'll be back Thursday afternoon (and back at work on Friday), so it's not a long trip by any definition. It will be nice, though, just to get away from work, my house, and everything else.

In other news, I'm the proud owner of a digital camera, a Fugi FinePix with 5.2 megapixels. I talked to my dad yesterday and he helped me settle on one. I will be playing with it in the next few days; hopefully I'll be a pro by Wednesday.

I startled myself earlier today when I looked in the mirror. My hair is too gray for a book signing. LOL! So I'm getting it cut and colored Wednesday morning at 7:30, an hour that's really too early to be breathing, let alone getting my hair done. I love my mother, but I wish I hadn't inherited her graying hair. Oh well.

It won't take long to pack for a two-day trip, so I imagine I will post again before I leave. If not, though, I'll check back in on Thursday or Friday.

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At May 10, 2005 8:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I want to hear how the camera goes, if you love it, etc.!! I'm still shopping for one ...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home