Revisiting E-Books
I thought about titling this post "E-Book Authors Strike Back" in honor of the latest Star Wars movie (which I haven't seen yet), but that's not really accurate. However, if you're not rereading my post about about my first experience with e-books, you are missing a lively discussion, including comments from Liquid Silver (LS) authors.
Maili drew my attention to the Ellora's Cave (EC) e-book tour, which brings up a question. How do e-book signings work? I know that EC has a lot of print books, so do authors sign those? Or do they print cover/title pages and sign them? I'm genuinely curious and would love to learn more.
In other e-book related news, I remembered that I bought a PDA last year for work and have never really used it much. I'm now in the process of trying to find the blasted thing so I can give it a try. Once I find it, I'm treating myself to Shelly Laurenston's Go Fetch.
In news unrelated to e-books, I've been tagged by Kristie and Sybil to do a book meme. I will post my answers this weekend, but the most difficult part may be selecting people to tag. Perhaps I should tag a LS author. ;)
Alyssa
Labels: book signings, e-books, memes
2 Comments:
EC booksignings involve those authors with print releases so it's just like any other booksigning. However, I know a lot of fans who print out their own cover flats for their e-books and take them with to signings. Especially for those books that haven't been released to print yet. I've heard of several fans keeping a three ring binder of these cover flats.
I'm going to have to check out the other post about your ebook experience.
First time a fan came up to me with a binder filled with printed covers from the ebooks, I sat there grinning at her ingenuity. Nothing stops a fan from getting those autographs!
But the EC bus tour is populated primarily with in-print authors (most of EC's stand-alone titles are available in ebook format first, then in print several months later. Anthologies, too, but because of the expense, there don't seem to be as many of them out in print). I know I sign my print books when I attend booksignings, but I'm not fussy...I'll sign whatever a readers asks me to!
Glad to have found your blog!
Diana
Post a Comment
<< Home