A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

TBR Challange: The Bartered Heart

I finished The Bartered Heart for Keishon's TBR challenge. Here are the results.

1. Title/Author of Book
The Bartered Heart by Nancy Butler

2. Brief Synopsis
Griffin Darrowby has lost his money through investments; now, he resolves to marry a wealthy woman. He leaves London to court Lady Minerva, but he's kidnapped along the way by two men who plan to ransom him. He escapes when the men go to London, and he meets the brothers' stepsister, Gates. Gates is far from wealthy, but Griffin finds himself drawn to her.

3. Copyright Year
1999

4. Did you like or dislike it?
I liked it and rate it a 3.5 out of 5.

5. Was it designated a DIK or Five-Heart book at any review sites?
Yes, it received five hearts from The Romance Reader.

6. If yes to the above, do you agree or disagree with the reviewers?
My opinion is more in line with the All about Romance review, which gave the book a B. I liked the book but found certain aspects predictable. Also, The Bartered Heart includes a personal pet peeve: a couple where both people fall in love with someone else. This always strikes me as too convenient--everyone is happy; no one gets hurt.

7. Is this a new author for you?
No, I've read other books by Butler, including The Discarded Duke and Prospero's Daughter, both of which I liked better than this story.

8. If you answered yes to question 4, would you read more by this author?
Yes.

9. Did you find a new author to read from your TBR pile?
No, I've read Nancy Butler before.

10. Does this encourage you to read more from your TBR pile?
Yes. I may read another Regency this month, and I'll definitely check Keishon's site to see next month's TBR challenge.

Alyssa

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home