A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Saturday, August 06, 2005

Author Giveaways

One of my nieces is here today and tomorrow while her parents are celebrating their anniversary. She is asleep at last, and I plan to follow shortly. But I wanted to post this blog entry, written while she was scrapbooking earlier this afternoon.

At last, I have pictures of the giveaways I received in Reno. Jaynie will be happy to see these (if she gets back online any time soon).

Bookmarks
Bookmarks are an obvious author giveaway, and I received a large number of them. The variety is great. I collect bookmarks. Now I think it's safe to say I don't need any more. Here are the ones I received.



The black one from Mary Balogh (see lower right corner) is one of my new favorites. I also like the ones that include upcoming book covers.

Cover Flats and Excerpts
I'm now getting quite a collection of cover flats, although I have to admit I'm not sure what to do with them. I think I'm going to put them in page protectors and start an album.



I also received several excerpts, which I really love. I like getting and reading them.

Other Fun Stuff
I received a lot of other fun stuff. Pens are one of my favorites, and I got a few of them. I also love magnets and am pleased to add some new ones to my collection.



I received several unique items that went along with a particular book or author. When I wrote about the literacy signing, I mentioned a few freebies, like the small mirror from Susan Squires, which is pretty cool since her latest book, The Companion, is about vampires. Then there's the small bed charm I got from Laura Lee Guhrke, whose latest book is titled The Marriage Bed.

I like the flower from Lori Devoti, which matches her website. I don't typically wear pins, but I like the ones I received. I'm thinking of getting a lanyard for them. Janelle Denison provided a great goodie bag with a keychain, excerpt, notepad, magnet, and pen. I also got some postcards and temporary tattoos.

While I like all of the giveaways, the pens and magnets are my favorites. The book-related giveaways are great, too. All of it was free, though, so I can't complain about any of it. It was one more nice aspect of the signing.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At August 07, 2005 2:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooh, lots of goodies!

 
At August 14, 2005 7:03 PM, Blogger Jaynie said...

*drooling*

I put all mine in scrapbooks - 1 page for each author.

 
At August 19, 2005 10:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, neat goodies! I love goodies from authors and ones relating to the book(s) and the story are especially
interesting. Good going.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home