A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Monday, August 08, 2005

Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart is the first book I've read by Sasha White, and it's a good one: 4 out of 5.

Sable is immediately drawn to Gage when he walks into the place where she tends bar. But Sable isn't interested in a permanent relationship, while Gage has decided that's just what he wants. But he can't deny wanting Sable.

There's a lot to like about Gypsy Heart. I like Sable's unique occupation (even though her name, Sable Castle, is a bit dramatic) and I appreciate the fact that she knows what she wants and isn't afraid to go after it. I also enjoyed watching her transformation. At first she is baffled that Gage won't immediately start an affair since she knows he is attracted to her. She's thrown off balance by Gage's desire to get to know who she is.

Gage is equally interesting. I loved watching him wrestle with his lust and with his desire for more from Sable. Their scenes together are both hot and moving. He's sweet, sexy, and sigh-worthy.

The story slowed down a bit for me--not because of a plot issue, but because my internal editor kept stopping at sentences that needed commas. Still, I enjoyed the unique story and plan to see what else White has written.

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

At August 09, 2005 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, don't forget to send me your address so I can send you your book.
Sincerely, Mary

 
At August 10, 2005 10:33 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have this book but haven't jumped in yet, keep meaning to!!

 
At August 13, 2005 10:29 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Mary, I contacted you. :)

Jill, you'd probably enjoy it. Are you still having trouble wanting to read e-books on screen? I can relate . . .

Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home