Why Me?
This is not a post in which I will complain about my life, although I do have a few complaints. LOL! Why Me? is actually the title of a book by Treva Harte, which I bought after Jay pointed out the 7%-off sale at Loose ID. I loved the premise, and the story started great, but it ended up being an average read: 3 out of 5.
Cassie is startled when she starts hearing voices with ominous warnings about a man who is in danger. Since this has never happened to her before, Cassie is unsure about what to do. She cleans houses for a living, and she hears the voice again when she is cleaning the house of a sexy client, Wynn. Eventually, she realizes that it's his voice she's hearing, and he needs her to help him.
Why Me? is a romantic suspense novel with an intriguing premise--two people who can read each other's thoughts. I thought the idea was terrific, and I enjoyed the excerpt. The first several chapters are fast-paced and engaging, as Cassie tries to figure out what she is experiencing.
I expected the love scenes to have a little extra punch since Wynn and Cassie could read each other's minds. That didn't turn out to be the case. They weren't bad, but I felt like the mind-reading aspect could have been played up far more than it was. It seemed like the reader was told rather than shown about the extra connection this added to their lovemaking.
A conflict about marriage crops up toward the end of the book. This part seems disconnected from the rest of the story and is drawn out too long for my liking. In the end, Why Me? ended up being a mixed read.
Labels: 3.0 reviews, e-books, f-h reviews, paranormal reviews
2 Comments:
Are you still printing out and binding the ebooks?
Jay, no, I've stopped that, at least for now. I can get a bit more comfortable with my laptop, so I've been reading them in PDF format on screen. I don't usually do it in one sitting, though, while sometimes I would if I were reading a print version.
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home