A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Would You?

I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about what I want and what I would do if I weren't too afraid, too cautious, etc. Some things I would do; others I wouldn't. It's provided food for thought, anyway. Here's a list for you.

Would you:
  • Date a younger man?

  • Relocate for a job?

  • Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now?

  • Adopt a child if money were no object?

  • Abandon your responsibilities to travel?

  • Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently?

  • Delete your blog?

  • Find a job in an entirely new field?

  • Marry someone you didn't love?

So, what are your answers? Post them here, and I'll enter you in a contest for an autographed copy of Much Ado about You by Eloisa James. (If you want to respond but don't want to be entered, just mention that in your comments.) I'll draw a winner (and post my answers) on August 15.

Labels: ,

24 Comments:

At August 10, 2005 2:43 PM, Blogger Kristie (J) said...

1. - Uh, yeyeh - if I was single, in a New York minute

2. - Nope - my sister tried it and it was a disaster

3. - Yes - would I get younger too?

4. - Nope, I'm too selfish anymore

5. - Yes, yes I would

6. - Yes, yes I would

7. - No, never I'm meeting to many interesting people

8. - I've already done that a couple of times over the years

9. - No, it's hard enough being married to someone you DO love

 
At August 10, 2005 5:08 PM, Blogger lost said...

1. Date a younger man?

Done so.

2. Relocate for a job?

Done so. Lost the count. :D

3. Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now?

No. The fun lies with discovering and experiencing new whatnots as well as learning from mistakes.

4. Adopt a child if money were no object?

Yes, I would.

5. Abandon your responsibilities to travel?

Done so.

6. Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently?

No, I wouldn't. IMO, the best way is go forward and hope it'll turn out well. If not, there's always tomorrow. It's never too late. Everything I do, I try to keep it mind that I won't go to my grave with any lingering regrets. I have a few, true, but it's better than have a few light regrets than a blanket of heavy regrets.

7. Delete your blog?

*cries*

8. Find a job in an entirely new field?

Done so.

9. Marry someone you didn't love?

It depends. Well, I think I don't see it any different from marrying someone you love and fall out of love with him years later, and marrying someone you don't love and slowly fall in love with him years later. If I'd marry for reasons I think are right, if not for love, I'd do so.

 
At August 10, 2005 5:08 PM, Blogger lost said...

P.S. No need to enter me for the book contest. :) Cheers.

 
At August 11, 2005 7:35 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Six yeses in a row and then three nos.

 
At August 11, 2005 7:43 AM, Blogger Tara Marie said...

Date a younger man?--Yes

Relocate for a job?--Yes, but it would depend on the job.

Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now?--Yes, I was too shy in high school to enjoy it.

Adopt a child if money were no object?--Yes

Abandon your responsibilities to travel?--Probably not, but I'd think about it.

Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently?--No--I got pregnant 5 years ago and wouldn't risk changing that for anything.

Delete your blog?--No

Find a job in an entirely new field?--Yes

Marry someone you didn't love?--No

 
At August 11, 2005 8:19 AM, Blogger Cackleberry Homestead said...

1. Date a younger man?
Yes if I wasn't married - besides DH is a younger man :)

2. Relocate for a job?
No - I'm very happy in the area I am in - it's where I grew up, I did college away and I like home.

3. Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now?
No - high school was high school I enjoyed but I don't want to do it again

4. Adopt a child if money were no object?
Yes

5. Abandon your responsibilities to travel?
No

6. Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently?
Yes - I would go back and not rack up the credit card debt but that is all I would change

7. Delete your blog?
No

8. Find a job in an entirely new field?
I've thought about it, but won't do it.

9. Marry someone you didn't love?
No - love is the glue that holds a marriage together - somedays I don't like DH, but I always love him.

 
At August 11, 2005 9:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Way to bring out the commenters! ;)

Date a younger man? Yes -- well, if I weren't married. ;)
Relocate for a job? I'd have to be highly compensated -- I love Kansas City.
Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now? Probably not - I wouldn't change much.
Adopt a child if money were no object? Would definitely consider it.
Abandon your responsibilities to travel? I'd be sorely tempted (and often am!)
Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently? Probably not -- too many decisions effect others, and none are guaranteed. At least what I have now is.
Delete your blog? Not at this point!
Find a job in an entirely new field? I'm looking at that right now!
Marry someone you didn't love? No, as I'm already very happily married. But if it came to that point somehow...I can think of reasons when I might make that decision.

 
At August 11, 2005 2:12 PM, Blogger Lynn M said...

How fun! Let's see...

1. Date a younger man?
Yes, if I weren't already married.

2. Relocate for a job?
Only if the job was unbelievable in many ways. I like where we live and my family members have lives here.

3. Go back to high school?
I don't think so. I enjoyed high school enough that I don't have any regrets. No need to go back.

4. Adopt a child?
Nope. No thanks.

5. Abandon responsibilities to travel?
If I had enough money, yes. Except I wouldn't abandon my kids, if that's what it means by responsibilities. If my kids were grown or I was ten years younger, definitely yes.

6. Go back in time five years and do things differently?
Hmm, this one is tough. I don't think so. I might not have wasted as much time as I feel I have, but otherwise I think I made good choices.

7. Delete my blog?
Nope. Can't imagine any reason why I'd want to.

8. Find a job in an entirely different field?
Absolutely. I'll never go back to the industry I worked in before I became a SAHM.

9. Marry someone I didn't love?
Marriage is too hard. Nope. I need love.

 
At August 11, 2005 2:22 PM, Blogger Kristie (J) said...

PS Alyssa; do we get to know your answers too :)

 
At August 12, 2005 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Yeah, I would.
2. Probably.
3. No way!!!
4. Too selfish.
5. Yeah, if money wasn't a problem.
6. Depends. Would I have to suffer through depression again?
7. Well, I do have one but I don't update it so the point is moot, isn't it?
8. Yes! Life's an adventure and you should live it to the fullest.
9. Hmmm... Is he rich and will he treat me well?

 
At August 12, 2005 6:34 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Date a younger man? - No
Relocate for a job? - No

Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now? - YES, YES, YES!

Adopt a child if money were no object? - NO

Abandon your responsibilities to travel? - NO

Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently? -YES BUT I WOULD NEED MORE THAN FIVE YEARS!

Delete your blog? - DON'T HAVE ONE

Find a job in an entirely new field? NO

Marry someone you didn't love? NO

 
At August 12, 2005 9:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1)date younger? I actually usually prefer them more mature.
2)relocate? I've already done this several times.
3)high school again? Yikes! No way would I go through that torture again!
4)adopt? No. I have three teenagers and am really looking forward to my empty nest.
5)travel? Yes please!
6)go back 5 years? No, I would just make different mistakes.
7)delete my blog? I'm too lazy to have one in the first place.
8)find a job in a new field? Sure.
9)marry without love? Never!

 
At August 12, 2005 9:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Date a younger man - done that
Relocate for a job - done that
Do hs over again - yes and no
Adopt a child - for sure
Travel - somewhat
Go back in time - yes oh yes
Delete blog - don't have one
New job - yes
Marry someone not love - yes; love
can grow and should grow with time.

 
At August 12, 2005 9:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Date a younger man - done that
Relocate for a job - done that
Do hs over again - yes and no
Adopt a child - for sure
Travel - somewhat
Go back in time - yes oh yes
Delete blog - don't have one
New job - yes
Marry someone not love - yes; love
can grow and should grow with time.
***I want in on the contest just can't seem to sign up for this blog.

 
At August 12, 2005 9:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Robyn and anonymous are the same person; hehe. Sorry I messed up.
I just wanted to say I want to enter the contest. Thanks.

 
At August 12, 2005 10:59 AM, Blogger ReneeW said...

1. Date a younger man? YES (if I wasn't married)

2. Relocate for a job? Yes, for the right salary.

3. Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now? Yes, definitely.

4. Adopt a child if money were no object? No, not my thing.

5. Abandon your responsibilities to travel? No, I'd love to but my responsible gene is too strong.

6. Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently? No, but 10 years, yes.

7. Delete your blog? No, not on purpose anyway.

8. Find a job in an entirely new field? Yes, did this already, I'd do it again.

9. Marry someone you didn't love? Maybe. There's a lot to be said for friendship and companionship which could grow into love.

 
At August 12, 2005 5:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Date a younger man?

no

2. Relocate for a job?

yes

3. Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now?

No

4. Adopt a child if money were no object?

NO

5. Abandon your responsibilities to travel?

HELL YES!

6. Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently?

No

7. Delete your blog?



8. Find a job in an entirely new field?

Yes

9. Marry someone you didn't love?

No

 
At August 12, 2005 6:22 PM, Blogger Jeanette J said...

Date a younger man?
Yes I would ( and have)

Relocate for a job?
Depends on the job..pay, benefits etc

Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now?
Oh yeah

Adopt a child if money were no object?
No..I'm getting too old for kids

Abandon your responsibilities to travel?
In a minute

Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently?
no


Delete your blog?
I don't have one..but if I did I wouldn't

Find a job in an entirely new field?
Yes...I did this already

Marry someone you didn't love?
Hmmmm....how much money does he have?

 
At August 12, 2005 8:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Date a younger man? Hmm, yes.

Relocate for a job? Have done so and under right circumstances would to so again

Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now? No, I took the courses at the time that were what I wanted though there is a greater choice now than there was 40 years ago.

Adopt a child if money were no object? Yes, although I've "adopted" children in third world countries by supporting them financially.

Abandon your responsibilities to travel? I don't really have that many resposibilities and I have traveled quite a bit. I'd have needed more money to travel more.

Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently? Yes, that I would definitely do.

Delete your blog? Don't have a blog but if I did, being the packrat that I am, I wouldn't delete it.

Find a job in an entirely new field? Have done so already and would like to return to my first love, languages, in a somewhat different capacity than as a teacher.

Marry someone you didn't love? No, no amount of money would make up for lack of love, compatibility and respect.

Please enter me in the contest.

 
At August 13, 2005 4:03 AM, Blogger Maureen said...

1. Yes - if I wasn't married
2. Yes - if I wasn't married with two teenagers
3. Yes - that would be fun
4. Yes - I know a couple who adopted a child from China. She was so small, the size of a newborn and she was four months old.
5. No - I am waiting until I have met all my responsibilities
6. Yes - hindsight is a wonderful thing
7. Don't have one - too much responsibility
8. No - old dogs, new tricks
9. No - marriage is hard enough

 
At August 13, 2005 4:32 PM, Blogger GladysMP said...

What would I like to do if I could:

Travel more. I love going places.

Garden more if our Lab dog didn't destroy my flower beds. Gr.r.r

Add a guest room to our home. I love having company, but I have no place for them to stay overnight.

Go back to college. I graduated, but there is still so much I would love to study.

Master this computer. I know so little about it and therefore keep having problems. A new computer might solve some of my woes.

Catch up on my reading. I am working hard at this, but never seem to find enough time to read everything I would like to.

Crochet. I used to do a lot of this, but never seem to find the time now.

Write my friends more often. I owe a letter to almost everyone I know. It's shameful, but true.

 
At August 13, 2005 9:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Date a younger man? yes, if I was available

Relocate for a job? yes, if I didn't have family responsibilities here.

Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now? no way, couldn't wait to get finished with that.

Adopt a child if money were no object? No

Abandon your responsibilities to travel? No

Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently? No regrets here

Delete your blog? hmmm..I don't have one.

Find a job in an entirely new field? I already did that and I love my new career.

Marry someone you didn't love? no

 
At August 13, 2005 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I were single,yes.
Nope
No, I hated getting up early then and now!
yes
yes
yes, I would lock my mom in the house and not let her leave.
I don't have a blog.
yes
no

 
At August 14, 2005 7:02 PM, Blogger Jaynie said...

Would you:

Date a younger man? IF I WAS SINGLE - SURE, WHY NOT

Relocate for a job? I HAVE FOR DH'S JOB LOL

Do high school over again with the knowledge you have now? NO WAY - NOT GOING BACK THERE EVER.

Adopt a child if money were no object? NOPE - THREE IS ENOUGH FOR MY SANITY

Abandon your responsibilities to travel? NOPE

Go back five years in time if you could and do things differently?

Delete your blog? NO WAY

Find a job in an entirely new field? NAH

Marry someone you didn't love? ABSOLUTELY NOT. MARRIAGE IS HARD ENOUGH WITH SOMEONE YOU DO LOVE LOL.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home