The Midas Trap
My experience with the Silhouette Bombshell books I've read has been pretty hit or miss. Sharron McClellan's The Midas Trap is one of the few I've read that falls somewhere in the middle: 3.5 out of 5.
Veronica Bright was disgraced in the academic community when she presented a theory about myths such as the one about Midas being real. Without evidence, Veronica wasn't able to prove her theory's accuracy. Simon Owens was one of the scholars who dismissed Veronica's theory. Now he has evidence that her theory might be true, and he needs her help.
I liked the book's set up. The mythology angle was interesting, and I enjoy the adversaries-becoming-lovers plot. I wasn't as intrigued with the characters. While they were interesting, they didn't quite cross the level into compelling. The theory about mythology ended up being the most interesting part of the book.
There were some predictable moments in the suspense story, and the romance could have been stronger. Still, it has some nice moments, and I learned there is a sequel. I plan to give it a try, too.
Labels: 3.5 reviews, m-p reviews, romantic suspense reviews
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home