NaNoWriMo Update
If you've noticed my pink graph in the sidebar, you know that my plan to write 50,000 words in November is progressing nicely. Luckily the word count is what's important, not whether the story is any good, at least at this point. Ha ha! I'm still trying to get a handle on my main characters. I can tell you I would be lost without my outline. It's helping immensely.
Turns out the original name for my hero--Michael Vaughn--is the name of a character in the TV program, Alias. I've never watched the program, so I don't know what the character is like, but I want to avoid associations. I'm keeping Michael, but I'm playing with a few different last names.
Tonight I wrote a scene in a nightclub and one of the secondary characters basically took over. I figured there would be a few surprises as I wrote, and this one definitely came out of nowhere. At next year's NaNoWriMo, I may be writing another story with this character as the heroine. First, though, I must delve into the characters of this story.
I need to come up with a name, too. It would be nice to have a title to refer to.
Labels: writing
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home