The Root of All Evil
On Saturday, the hot water quit working. So today, I called a plumber to have him take a look. I figured it was frozen water pipes, but it turns out that a water heater from 1979 is destined to give up the ghost at some point. In addition to replacing the water heater, I had them fix the garbage disposal and take care of a few other things. Here I am with water that will be hot within half an hour (they tell me). I'm also $900 poorer. Ouch.
I'm debating about whether I am going to remain a Northern Lights at Home presenter. They've raised the minimum to $300/quarter, so I have to decide if I would sell that many candles. Six months ago, I wouldn't have hesitated, but time demands are at the breaking point as it is, let alone trying to add a part-time business.
On a related-to-money note, I've invested in an author website. Just got the first spec, and I have to decide if I like it. And do I want my picture to be a key element of the design?
OK, here's the truth. I'm feeling very, very discouraged about writing at the moment and that's affecting everything. I got some feedback on a chapter today. The good news is that I know what I need to work on, as she's the second reader to make this comment. The bad news is that it's not an issue that comes naturally, and now I'm overanalyzing. I think it's an occupational hazard. So I'm taking the night off when it comes to writing and will come back fresh tomorrow.
I think I'll be a lot better after a good night's sleep.
P.S. I'm now reading She Wanted It All by Kathryn Casey. My mood demanded true crime.
2 Comments:
Must have been the day for plumbers coming to do work that equals a big bill. Mine was here and had to grind the floor.
*shakes head*
Yep.
I feel your pain. Slide closer and we can decide how best to throw heavy things at them.
Ha ha! Amen to that! My emergency fund is in sad, sad shape right now. I'm knocking on wood in hopes that nothing else will break down for a while.
Post a Comment
<< Home