Five Questions
When I saw this on Angie's blog, I thought it would be fun to participate. The rules:
I answer five questions that she asked me, here on my blog. Then, if anyone out there is interested in answering five random questions of my choice, on their own blog, post here and I will ask you five questions in turn.
So, these are the questions from Angie, along with my answers.
1. What's the best thing about being an author?
I might be reading too much into this question, but I'm going to share what I like about being a writer and being an author, because they are slightly different in my mind.
As a writer, I love moments when a character says or does something to surprise me--that's when I know they've come to life for me. I also enjoy hearing about lines that make readers smile. There's one line in Office Relations that everyone who offered feedback said made them laugh. It's a nice feeling to write something and have readers respond the way I hoped.
As for being an author, that's still a new feeling that at times doesn't seem real. Right now I'd say that seeing a cover with my name (well, pen name) on it ranks up there pretty high. I also love finishing and submitting a story.
2. What has changed about your life since you started writing?
The biggest thing that has changed is the way I spend my time. I used to spend a lot more time on the internet. I still probably spend more time online than I should, and I'm working on that. But I don't just hop online anymore. I have to decide how it will fit into my schedule.
Time for reading has also declined, as has writing on this blog. Not because I don't enjoy it, but because time is finite, and I've had to make choices.
I've also had to make room in my life for my characters. I'm not sure if that makes sense, but they become real people to me, people with stories to tell. I keep a notebook with me all the time because I want to be ready when an idea comes to me.
3. What's one thing you'd like to change about your life?
I wish I were more brave socially. I'm such an introvert, and it's much easier when I come home from work to collapse at home or maybe go out with family or friends. It's like I have a certain amount of energy each week for social interaction, and once it's gone, it's gone. That energy is often used up at work, sometimes by Wednesday or Thursday. Once that happens, any desire to go out disappears completely.
Since I'm being honest, I'll say that I've sometimes wished I could go back in time and tell the Alyssa in her 20s how much easier it was then to meet intelligent, single men with common values. I didn't take advantage of college and church singles group activities, and I wish I had. I've never been a confident dater, but it's much more challenging now that I'm in my mid-30s.
4. What one food could you eat every day and not get sick of it?
Ice cream. I don't eat it every day, but I eat it more often than I should. Which might help explain my weight gain.
5. Where do you see yourself a year from now?
Doing many of the same things I'm doing today--writing, reading, blogging. Hopefully I'll have made some progress on the weight-loss and dating scenes as well.
Now it's your turn. Leave a comment here if you want me to ask you five questions. I'll tailor the questions to you. Then it will be your turn to answer them on your blog.
Labels: memes
5 Comments:
I've already done this, so not looking to be interviewed, but I really like reading everybody's replies, especially because everyone's is different. And this is me, too:
wish I were more brave socially. I'm such an introvert
Makes sense we'd all bury ourselves in books. Another reason to appreciate the internet, getting to know people without the social trauma of meeting them in person, at least not at first (I'll see you in Atlanta, right?)
Alysa, sure throw me some questions on my blog I use my blog for creative works and such so this would be good for my blog.
Thanks so much.
wildheart
Megan, I think the internet is an introvert's dream come true. LOL! And yes, I'll be in Atlanta, so I'll see you there.
Wildheart, I asked the five questions in the comments at your blog, but I'll put them here too.
1. How long have you been an artist?
2. What inspires you?
3. What stifles your creativity?
4. What is your favorite color?
5. Where do you see yourself a year from now?
You can check my blog I have them answered LOL. I have no life sometimes.
1. How long have you been an artist? Well I don't really consider myself a true artist just yet. I would say about two years as that is how long I have had my Paint Shop Pro 9 program that has been a lifesaver for me.
2. What inspires you?Staying challenged is what inspires me. I like to stay constantly challenged to do new things, and to try new things. When it comes to designing anything on the pc I love to find all sorts of things to keep at the top of my game.
3. What stifles your creativity?Negative people who don't support folks creativity. I was going to be a full time writer at one point in time and everyone told me that I should get a real job. To me writing was a real job. So I found other things that I felt I had to do in order to appease everyone else and not myself.
4. What is your favorite color?That is so hard to narrow down I have many favorite colors, I love reds, blues, lavanders,and metalics.
5. Where do you see yourself a year from now? I see myself as having another year of college under my belt and still continuing the fight against obesity and creating web sites.
Post a Comment
<< Home