The Defense Begins
The trial of Kansas State University professor Tom Murray continues as the defense begins its case. Most of the testimony to date points to Murray's guilt, including a record of his online searches using phrases such as "murder for hire" and "how to kill someone quickly and quietly." The defense describes this as part of Murray's desire to be a screenwriter and write scripts for CSI. I'm interested in seeing the complete case presented by the defense; I also wonder if Murray will take the stand.
I've been wondering about how the K-State English department is coping with this. One of Murray's colleagues took the stand several days ago. I took two classes from the colleague. I'm sure the trial has caused a big stir on campus. I receive an annual newsletter from the English department; I wonder if next year's will mention the trial?
That's the trial update for this week. My next post should actually be book-related.
Alyssa
Labels: true crime news

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home