A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Too Wilde to Tame

Too Wilde to Tame is Janelle Denison's latest book, and it's part of her Wilde series. It stands alone pretty well, thankfully, because I've only read a few stories in the series. This book is the story of Mia Wilde and Cameron Sinclair, and I thought it was pretty enjoyable: 4 out of 5.

Cam and Mia have been sniping at each other for ages. Theirs is a classic opposites-attract story--Mia lives up to her last name by being flirtatious, abrasive, and spontaneous. Cam is understated, cautious, and deliberate. Of course, that doesn't stop them from being attracted to each other.

Denison adds interesting depth to both characters. Behind Mia's tendency to flirt and act outrageously is a desire for acceptance. While Cam has overbearing moments, he is also sensitive enough to see past Mia's defenses. There is one moment in the book when Mia thinks that while her family loves her, Cam loves and knows her. I loved seeing Cam get to know the many sides of Mia.

Ellen mentions Denison's skill with sex scenes, and I share Ellen's opinion. The love scenes are well written, and I like the way they show the progression of Cam and Mia's relationship. This is not a book with gratuitous scenes.

I was a little annoyed by Cam's inital desire to have a "manageable" woman. Mia is anything but manageable, though, which served him right. ;) I also worried when I saw that Mia was changing when she started seeing Cam. I'm glad that her changes ended up being the result of self-analysis and not a desire to make herself into someone more suited to Cam.

I find it interesting that the previous books in the Wilde series were published by Brava; Too Wilde to Tame is a Berkley release. I'm curious about what's behind the switch. However, it ended up being a good move for me. I would have waited to buy this book if it had come out in trade paperback first. I'm glad I didn't have to wait.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

At September 09, 2005 12:55 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I was surprised that it was a mass market, too. Obviously she switched pubs, but Berkley is producing some trade-sized books now too (like Angela Knight's latest). Since her earlier books in the series were trade-sized, I would have assumed that if she switched publishers, they'd have continued to publish her in trade. It reminds me of how Eloisa James started her career in hardback and then switched to mass market paperbacks-- I found that surprising too. But I'm sure there's a good reason for it, from a sales perspective.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home