A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Melani Blazer

I really don't want to keep Angie in suspense forever, so here's the name of the previously unnamed author I mentioned in a previous blog entry: Melani Blazer. Angie is actually the one who introduced me to Blazer's books. I read Hot Rod Heaven a few weeks ago, so when I saw Legend of the Leopard in the bookstore, I picked it up. It is another winner: 4.5 out of 5.

One of the things I liked about Hot Rod Heaven was the emotional resonance. Legend of the Leopard has plenty of emotional depth as well, and Blazer has a gift for writing characters that come to life quickly. I felt like I knew Salvatore and Julia, and I love that they are multidimensional characters with strengths and flaws. The sensuality level is excellent as well--there's plenty of sex, but I never felt like there was too much or that it overwhelmed the story. It's simply part of the story, like it should be in a good romance.

I complained earlier that Blazer doesn't have dozens of other books. She does have several books and novellas I can choose from, though, so all is well. I just have to figure out where to start. I have to admit that when an author has e-books, I always wonder whether they will be coming out in print. Thus, I have to decide whether to buy now or wait. I'm sure that authors have no problem with me buying now. ;) But it is an issue I always consider. My next two purchases will be Dante's Relic and Legendary Tails III, both available in print.



P.S. As a side note, can someone explain why Ellora's Cave has a series called Legendary Tails? I noticed this in the bookstore. Do they all include animals or other creatures with tails? If they refer to stories, then the series should be Legendary Tales.

Labels: , , ,

4 Comments:

At November 07, 2005 7:06 AM, Blogger Nicole said...

I've only read one Melani Blazer book, Dante's Relic, and I didn't like it. Maybe someday I'll try her again.

 
At November 07, 2005 9:28 AM, Blogger Angela James said...

Yes, you really should Nicole.

Alyssa, if you like chick lit, try Mel's book Brand Name Dates from Cerridwen Press. It's pure Mel but she writes in first person and does a spectacular job!

 
At November 07, 2005 1:43 PM, Blogger Ellen said...

I'm not sure about Legendary Tails, but I had assumed it was a pun on "Tales" and "gee, that's a nice b*tt on that cover model." But I could certainly be wrong:-).

 
At November 17, 2005 5:59 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What Ellen said! It's a play on words. I haven't read Legendary Tails 3 yet, but 1 and 2 rock! (Of course, I'm prejudiced about 2) - Charlene www.charleneteglia.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home