Burnout
It's time to admit it. I'm burned out. And really, between the day job (it's the busy season), reviewing, writing, and blogging (for four blogs, at last count), the only surprise is that it took this long to overload. It's mixed with a bit of depression, too. I don't enjoy many things I found pleasure in before. I'm reading a lot of comfort reads these days and would love to spend the rest of the time sleeping. I know I'm depressed when sleeping sounds like the best thing in the world.
Anyway, the short version is that you're likely to see me very little in the next month or two. July is particularly busy at the day job. I'll pop in every now and then, but I'm going to stop pressuring myself to write reviews for all of the books I've read in the past few months. Just so you don't forget me, though, I'll post a few reviews in the next few weeks for upcoming books.
The last week of July I am once again attending the RWA signing, which is in Atlanta this year. You know what that means--the return of the cart. I love the collapsible cart. It was the best thing I bought for last year's signing.
I'm also attending the conference this year, so I'll be gone for most of that week. That also means I'll have lots of fun stories when I return.
<------Photo from last year's signing. I'm sure I'll see you around. In the meantime, take care!
Labels: life

6 Comments:
Take care of yourself, Alyssa.
(And four blogs are a lot to keep going!)
I totally understand. Hope things get better for you. Take care!
BooHoo - I'm not going to RWA this year. That said, I still haven't read any of the books I picked up at RWA last year - so I'm not sure I should be whining.
oh man take care of yourself, burning out is the pits. I used to run about 13 websites at one point then realized it was too much pressure. maybe cut it down to one or two?
Now isn't it going to be a fun time this year being on the other side of the fence so to speak as a published author? And four blogs!?!?!?! Most of us have problems with just one! And even if you're not blogging as much, I hope you keep us in the loop so to speak on what's happening.
Thanks, everyone, for your understanding and support. It means a lot to me.
Post a Comment
<< Home