Link Dilemma
I've been thinking about my links to other blogs. I have less than 10 of them; I wanted my link section to be managable and meaningful. I'm realizing, though, that I visit many more blogs than I link to. Let me ask you: if you have a blog, how do you decide which ones to link to? Do you have few or many links, and why? If you only read blogs, do you like long lists of links, and do you even notice them much?
Alyssa
Labels: blogging
5 Comments:
I was thinking of that myself, I recently discovered (via MÃ ili's site) quite a few excellent readers' sites, and I'm planning to add some to my links.
The thing is, I have a smallish group of sites I visit every day, and a bigger group of sites I visit less often (some because I'm a bit less interested in, others because they don't update very often). So, the ideal for me would be to have a small list with only the first ones, to keep manageable (a kind of "best of the best"), and then a longer list of "others". But that would be a bit like rating those sites, so I don't think I should do that. Decisions, decisions!
I link to the ones that interest me the most. Guess that sounds kinda obvious, but if I sit and think about it (think, Pooh, think), I realize I go to the blogs where people update regularly, discuss a range of topics and pose neat questions to answer :-)
I have a fair number of links and add a couple a week. But don't want to let it get out of hand.
Romancing the Blog is a lifesaver, I have to say, because I used to feel guilty for linking to some authors' and not to other authors'. Now RTB is up? Thank You! *kissing the ground*
That said, authors' blogs that I *must* visit are bookmarked. Only I know whose those blogs are and I'm comfortable with that. :)
My main interest is readers' blogs. Since there is so few of them around, almost all are listed whether I regularly visit these blogs or not.
I think I'm hoping that by having these up, some visitors may feel inspired to start blogs of their own.
We do need more readers' blogs! :D I mean, at RTB, there is about 150 authors' blogs and only about 15 or 20 readers' blogs! Go, readers, go! :D If the number grows ... ah, I'll have a re-think on this dilemma. I'll probably go for those that are regularly updated. As in if they make the effort to update their blogs, then I'll make the effort to make a link to their blogs.
[Links to other non-romance blogs - it's a mixture of personal friends and personal interests.]
Luckily, that dilemma is kind of out of my hands -- I don't use a blogging tool, but something my web designer made for me. I gave him a list of links about a month ago, and now it is too much of a chore to have him update.
I do get a little antsy, thinking, "oh, god, what if someone whose blog I visit and who comments at mine isn't listed and they feel slighted?"
On the other hand, if I listed every blog I visited (and the number grows daily, it seems) the links wouldn't mean much to visitors, anyway.
I have that same dilemma. I visit easily twenty or so blogs daily but I hate to list every one because I don't want the list to be endless. I have, however, removed some listed links for a couple blogs that I loved but proved to not be updated frequently enough for my taste. I just hate to recommend a bunch when I'm sure that we all already have our own fairly extensive lists of must-reads.
I think over time I will add more, but for now I've listed ones that are fairly meaty, update on a daily basis (or mostly daily) or that I've found extremely, exremely entertaining.
Post a Comment
<< Home