A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, March 03, 2005

My Bad Week Continues

I had a very bad day yesterday. My workload pushed me over the edge. I'm already swamped, then I learned that one of my articles needs major revisions. I don't object to revisions in general, but the timing on this stinks. In fact, I should be at work; instead, I'm at home, trying to muster enough energy to go in.

I entered an author's contest yesterday. I had to say who was my favorite of her heroes, which I did. After I entered, I saw that she would pick her favorite entries to win. For some reason I thought she would select the winners through a random drawing, so my explanation was extremely brief. Now I know I won't win, unless she has a "most pathetic entry" award.

In book news, I read Susan Sizemore's I Burn for You. I give it a 4 out of 5. I enjoyed the story, but at first the characters' connection comes from the fact that they are destined mates. It took a while for me to be convinced that there was something more there besides destiny. Still a fun read, though.

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

At March 03, 2005 3:54 PM, Blogger Kate said...

hey, you won a contest. That might help?

 
At March 03, 2005 3:55 PM, Blogger Kate said...

hey, you won a contest. That might help?

 
At March 03, 2005 3:55 PM, Blogger Kate said...

hey, you won a contest. That might help?

 
At March 03, 2005 3:56 PM, Blogger Kate said...

DAMN! You only won one contest. Not three. Sorry about the hiccup.

http://metareviewer.bravejournal.com/

 
At March 03, 2005 4:21 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

Oh, yay! Any good news is definitely welcome. Thanks a bunch (even if I didn't win three times)!

:)
Alyssa

 
At March 04, 2005 2:20 PM, Blogger lost said...

Kate, is there something going on between you and Blogger.com? :P

Alyssa - I had a very bad week, too, and yesterday I was ready to curl up and suck my thumb, pretending that the world doesn't exist. :P So you certainly have my sympathy. (hug)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home