Shopping
I have a love/hate relationship with Target. Whenever I go there, I spend a lot more money than I originally intended. For today's trip, I planned to buy two new dusters (one for upstairs, one for downstairs), some fun pens (I'm a pen junkie), and bottled water. I figured this would cost around $20. I ended up spending $79 and change; here's what I bought:
- Two dusters
- Two fun pens
- Bottled water
- Diet Vanilla Coke
- Some small cute magnets (they were on sale)
- Some larger less-cute magnets (they were only $1)
- Notepad with a cute cover (it was on sale)
- Cute sign to hang on my front door
- Small journal (it was on sale)
- Magazine with Angelina Jolie on the cover
- Yellow Capri pants
- Coordinating sweater
- Four-pack of votive candles
Here's another thing: I do NOT need candles. I have more candles than my cabinets can hold. I have two cabinets just for my candles. But this was a unique scent, and I found myself circling the display three times, so I gave in.
If Target ever goes out of business, it won't be for lack of spending on my part.
Before my afternoon shopping spree, I hopped over to Amazon.com and bought a few books. Apparently I'm in a serious spending mood.
As for book news, I'm finishing For the Love of Nick by Jill Shalvis. It's wonderful--I love a hero who knows what he wants (the heroine) and is single-minded about it.
And one last note: my second column for Romancing the Blog has been very well received. I've enjoyed the comments people have made so far. Now to plan my April column . . .
Alyssa
Labels: life
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home