A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Saturday, April 09, 2005

The Assassin

At last, it's the weekend. I still feel like I need a vacation. Weekends are nice, but I am ready to get away for a few days and just be, if that makes sense. Unfortunately, I don't think that will happen for a while.

I haven't been in the mood to read much lately. I've picked up a number of books, read a few chapters, then put them down again. One book I finished this week is Rachel Butler's The Assassin, which I rate 3.5 out of 5. The label on the spine calls it a romantic suspense. The suspense part is stronger than the romance; although the main characters love each other by the end of the book, it happens so quickly that I'm not convinced of it. I believe in their chemistry and in the fact that they want to spend more time together. I'm not so sure about love, though. This is apparently the first book in a series that will follow the characters; I'm interested enough to try number two, which will be available later this year.

Alyssa

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home