The Huntress
I seem to be reading Silhouette Bombshells these days. Not long ago, it was A.K.A. Goddess. This week I read The Huntress by Crystal Green. It's a good book: 4 out of 5.
When Camille Howard's lover, Griffin, is kidnapped by vampires, she vows to find him if he's still alive. She ends up needing the help of Sargent, a mysterious man whose determination to kill any vampire he finds conflicts with her own desire to conduct research and help them return to society. This conflict is a fascinating one, and I like the fact that this book shows the benefits and problems with both approaches.
Camille is a great multifaceted character. She is compassionate yet ruthless, capable yet willing to accept help. Sargent is an equally interesting character; I only wish he'd been in the story more than he was. As for Griffin . . . well, that's edging toward spoiler territory, so I won't say anything more about him.
Usually I keep books I rate 4 or higher. In this case, while I enjoyed reading The Huntress, I know I won't read it again. I felt a bit like I'd been on an emotional roller coaster.
Alyssa
Labels: 4.0 reviews, f-h reviews, paranormal reviews
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home