Miscellany
I'm having fun in the Books Lost and Found yahoogroup established by Sybil and Kristie. Here's how it works: everyone shares her wish list, which is compiled into a spreadsheet that group members can download and take with them to used bookstores. The group is just starting, and if the idea intrigues you, I encourage you to join.
I made a trip to the used bookstore today. I hadn't been planning one, since my TBR books are already out of control, but I loved the idea of finding books for other people, so off I went. And guess what? I found eight books for Sybil, two for Kristie, and one for Tara Marie. I also found five or six for myself. It was just as much fun finding books other people wanted.
I stopped at Michaels before going to the bookstore. I wanted to get a trimmer that was on sale; of course, I also bought a bunch of other scrapbooking embellishments. Sometimes I have no willpower. As I review my purchases, it looks like I left a bag of stuff at Michaels. Grrr. I'm glad I noticed now, although it's too late to run back for it tonight.
I think I mentioned last week that I went to a scrapbooking party. Last night I finished the pages; click on the links below to see them.
A Friend, Page 1
A Friend, Page 2
Make a Wish, Page 1
Make a Wish, Page 2
Make a Wish, Page 3
Make a Wish, Page 4
I wrote an article for work about using patterned paper, and I decided to put it to use on the A Friend pages. I love patterned paper (and have a ton of it), but I thought it would be nice not just to use it as the background. As for the Make a Wish pages, they finally gave me an opportunity to use some embellishments I've had for years. Yay!
Alyssa
Labels: life, scrapbooking
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home