A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Saturday, July 16, 2005

10 Days

Ten days now until the air conditioning is installed. Not that I'm counting. LOL! I am working long hours at work this week. I wish it were already July 27.

I went to a friend's house last night and did some scrapbooking. It was a lot of fun, and I really like the pages I created.

Fabulous Fourth, Page 1
Fabulous Fourth, Page 2

Finding Bones, Page 1
Finding Bones, Page 2

Sea, Sand, Sun, Page 1
Sea, Sand, Sun, Page 2

It's hard to believe that the new Harry Potter book is out. I have it reserved, but I probably won't pick up my copy until next week. I'm surprisingly unexcited to start reading it. I may or may not get to it before my vacation.

Suzanne Brockmann's Breaking Point is also out. I bought a copy through her website that I will pick up in Reno. This is Gina and Max's story, and I have to admit that I haven't been especially anxious to read it. In past books, I've been annoyed by the way Gina keeps pushing and pushing Max. Max hasn't helped matters; he doesn't talk to her about things that matter. My expectations about this book aren't very high, but obviously I'm still interested enough to buy the hardcover.

I'll probably do my usual Saturday routine soon and go shopping--to a store with air conditioning. I may pick up Harry Potter today after all.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At July 16, 2005 2:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want to read Gina and Max's story, but mostly because I was so upset over Gina in the book where she was held hostage on the plane. I can't remember the name of it, but you know what I mean! I was so upset with how long she was left on the plane while the SEALs dithered about rescuing her, then when she was, well, I hate to do spoilers in case anyone is reading this who hasn't read the book yet, but you KNOW what I mean, THEN they go in and rescue her? Why not BEFORE that happened? I was just so upset with how long they waited that I need to see her have a happy ending. Honestly, I haven't read any of the books since so I missed all the subsequent things that happened. I was just waiting for Gina to get a happy book. I was too upset over the one where all THAT happened (upset mostly because it seemed preventable if they hadn't DITHERED for so long).

 
At July 16, 2005 11:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I preordered the Harry Potter book at Target but I probably wont get it until Monday. Then I doubt I'll read it right away - I need to at least skim the old ones - I'm sure I've forgotten all the important but little details. I can't believe that people have finished it already!!

 
At July 17, 2005 7:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am going to read Gina's and Max's story next and then Harry, both of which I have but I hate to get to a certain point in my own book before I will allow myself the treat of reading.

I cannot wait.

But I hear ya on Gina's story. I'm worried. I want to love it. But I'm still mad at Max for the reasons Suzanne said ... he TOOK TOO LONG TO RESCUE HER. Damn it.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home