The Honeymoon Man
After getting about four hours of sleep last night due to the heat, tonight's experiment has me downstairs on the laptop (yay for the portable laptop!). I will also attempt to sleep downstairs on the couch. I'll let you know how it goes. I have an appointment for the air conditioning installation, but it's not until July 26. Will I survive another 12 days? I can only hope. It strikes me as somewhat ironic that it will be installed the day before I leave for Reno. I'll have less than a day to enjoy it, but it will also be nice to know that it will be there when I get back.
I received The Honeymoon Man by Suzanne Dye (McMinn) by responding to her blog. When I received it, it didn't stay in my TBR pile long. I love the childhood friends (or enemies) become lovers plot. I wasn't disappointed; this was a fun, quick read, just what I needed at the time: 4.5 out of 5.
After her fiance elopes with another woman, Hayley Beck turns to her best friend's brother, Matt Dryer, for help. She won a honeymoon trip to Hawaii, and although the wedding fell through, she wants to enjoy the honeymoon. Therefore, she needs a groom. Matt agrees to play the part, and they find that they share a sizzling attraction.
I like this type of plot, and McMinn uses it to create a light, yet compelling, story. Hayley is pragmatic while Matt is adventurous, so it's easy to see why they were at odds as children. These same things make them a nice couple now. There's also that great chemistry . . .
The Honeymoon Man is a nice story. Looks like I'll be adding more of McMinn's Precious Gem romances to my wish list.
Labels: 4.5 reviews, c-e reviews, contemporary reviews, life
6 Comments:
Reno is HOT HOT HOT too ...
It is HOT in my neck of the woods, as well, and our air conditioner is teetering on the edge of extinction. I tremble in fear at the thought.
Thanks, Alyssa!! I'm glad you enjoyed! I had so much fun writing those books for Precious Gems. It was playtime every book!
Jill, that so does not make me feel better. At least the hotel will have air conditioning . . .
Gena, I will send healthy air conditioner thoughts your way. It's not something you want to stop working. Trust me, I know. :(
Suzanne, I loved it. I found two more of your Precious Gems today. I look forward to reading them, too.
Alyssa
Oh, cool, Alyssa. Which ones did you find?
I found Marrying Mariah and Weekend in Paradise. So there are still a few others I need to track down.
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home