Last Bookstore Trip?
After a pretty horrible day in which I left work early because my back hurt so much, I came home and took a nap, making sure to rest on my side so I could put a pillow between my knees. This helped a bit (knock on wood). After the nap, I got online and saw that Undead and Unappreciated was out, so I decided I'd better make a trip to the bookstore. Getting out would do me good, right?
Thankfully, I seem to have suffered no ill effects personally, though I can't say the same about my bank account. I bought three books, and while I was shopping, I realized that this would probably be my last bookstore trip before my trip to Reno. It's only a few weeks away, but I had a moment of panic at the thought. I'm so not used to showing discipline when it comes to buying books. There were three others I didn't buy because I thought I might get them at the book signing. We'll see. In the meantime, I will look at this as an opportunity to make a dent in the TBR pile.
Labels: life
5 Comments:
Alyssa:
I used to suffer from incredible back pain, too, and that pillow between the knees thing really does help. And why are the back pain pills always on the bottom shelf at the pharmacy?!? Good luck on the TBR pile.
I'm sorry to hear about your back. I don't think people who have never experienced back pain realize how much your every movement can be affected. I hope you feel better!
What other books did you buy? And thanks for the head's up on Undead and Unappreciated. I'm going to run out to Barnes and Noble once the baby goes to bed ;)
Hugs about the back pain, Alyssa! But yay about Reno coming up! I'm looking forward to getting to meet you! :)
I'm next in line to get Undead at the library, just couldn't bring myself to spend HB price on it since they're always so short.
Megan, oh, you're so right about placement of back pain pills. I can't figure that one out!
Angie, I know just what you mean about people having to experience back pain to realize just how bad it is. I tend to pull a muscle two or three times a year, although this time was worse than the others in recent memory.
By the way, the other two books were White Heat by Jill Shalvis and Last Girl Dancing by Holly Lisle. Hope you enjoy Undead and Unappreciated. I plan to blog about it this weekend.
Suzanne, I'm getting very excited about Reno, though it still seems like months away. It will be so nice to meet you after months of chatting online.
Nicole, I don't blame you for doing the library thing. I don't regret buying the hardcover, but I can't say I would unequivocally recommend buying it, either. I'll try to explain that better when I blog about the book.
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home