A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Tuesday, July 05, 2005

Reading Still Waters

It's been a rough day. In addition to alienating friends (things are fine now, though), I somehow twisted my back (while sleeping? I don't know) and have felt like a hunchback all day. Due to my broken swamp cooler, I'm a sweaty hunchback. Ugh.

In reading news, I am halfway through Deanna Lee's Still Waters. Since it's a futuristic story about a female cop, it invites comparisons to the In Death series, but it's quite different from the IDs both in world-building and characterization. I'll blog about it more once I'm finished.

The first thing that attracted me to the book was the cover. Then I noticed that it's by April Martinez, an artist whose covers I've liked in the past. I really like her artwork. I'd probably buy chocolate ice cream (which I hate) if she created art for the packaging. However, once I printed the cover of Still Waters, something jumped out at me (pun intended). It looks like his pants might be partially undone, so either (A) his belt is hanging in an awkward spot, (B) he has something in his pocket, or (C) he is very, very happy to see the heroine.

Labels:

3 Comments:

At July 06, 2005 12:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah, I hope your back feels better soon!

 
At July 06, 2005 4:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL on him being happy to see the heroine!!!!

 
At July 07, 2005 3:05 AM, Blogger Kristie (J) said...

I had really bad back problems for a while so I know how awful it can be. At times I could hardly move and I hurt ALL the time. Oddly enough when I lost my job and didn't face the unending stress day after day, it went away and I've been pain free for over six months now, even now I'm working somewhere else.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home