Fighting the Blahs
I haven't had much interest in anything lately. It's probably because I'm unhappy at work, and I'm trying to decide what I really want to do. I miss the days (long, long past) when I knew what I wanted to do. At that time, it was get a Ph.D. and teach college literature courses. I realized that wasn't for me partway through getting my Master's degree. Since then, I haven't really known what I wanted to do. I wouldn't say I've been floundering since then, since there are certainly times I swim laps quite well and other times I tread water skillfully. For the past several months, though, I've been floundering.
It's affected the blog too, I suspect, mainly because I've been doing a lot of thinking instead of blogging.
Here's something a little peculiar. I still haven't read the latest Harry Potter book. I realized that I'm still wary from book five, which I thought could have used more editing. Also, when I started reading that book and heard that someone died in it, I thought, "Just don't let it be Sirius or Dumbledore." Given what happened in book five, I don't have a good track record, and it's one more reason I'm reluctant to read book six. And please, don't tell me if I'm right or wrong about who dies in book six. That will surely make me even more hesitant.
My coworker assures me that this one is much better than book five, but I still haven't been in the mood to read it. I've picked it up a few times but put it down without reading a word. At this rate, book seven may be out before I actually read it. Which might not be such a bad thing.
Truth is, I have plenty of other books to choose from. I have so many books waiting to be read that it's become almost discouraging. Right now, I'm reading Rita Herron's A Breath Away. I'll blog about it once I'm finished.
I'm off to a work party this afternoon. My sister works for the same company I do, and we're taking advantage of the opportunity to hang out together.
Happy reading!
Labels: life
2 Comments:
Hugs on feeling the blahs, Alyssa! I hope you can make a change on the jobfront that makes you happier.
Thanks for visiting, Lindsay, and for your compliments. I appreciate them! Always nice to hear from fellow scrapbookers.
Suzanne, thank you for your kind words. I appreciate them very much.
Alyssa
Post a Comment
<< Home