A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, October 27, 2005

Through a Crimson Veil

With the surge of paranormal romance and the fact that I can't seem to get enough of the subgenre, you'd think I'd have read about every paranormal being out there. Patti O'Shea's Through a Crimson Veil offers a new one for me--both the hero and heroine are half-demons. It sounds unusual, but it works: 4.5 out of 5.

Mika has a mission: get inside Conor McCabe's house and find a certain incantation that may be dangerous to the demon world. She approaches Conor with a request for protection. Though both Mika and Conor are half-human, half-demon, Conor is from a type of demon that is strong and physically aggressive. This makes him a good choice to protect Mika, who is from a less aggressive demon branch.

When Mika spends time with Conor, she realizes that he is her vishtau mate--the demon version of a soulmate. Some authors rely on the idea of the couple being "mated" to skip the getting-to-know-you and falling-in-love stages of the romance. Thankfully, O'Shea doesn't do that. Conor and Mika may be vishtau mates, but they have to fall in love like anyone else; in fact, they go through a lot before getting to their happily-ever-after.

Through the Crimson Veil is the third book in the Crimson City series. I've read and enjoyed books two and three.

In other news, I'm trying to make my house somewhat presentable before my Halloween party on Saturday. It's been a slow process. I don't know how I've managed to accumulate so much stuff. Yikes!

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

At October 28, 2005 1:59 AM, Blogger meljean brook said...

I bought this, but haven't had time to read it yet. The premise sounds fantastic. I've liked the idea of the demon world when it was introduced in the first book in the series, and was wondering what they'd do with it. I think I'll push this one up a little higher on my TBR list :)

 
At October 28, 2005 10:29 AM, Blogger ReneeW said...

I bought this last weekend but haven't read it and I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it. I was a little nervous about buying it since I've never read her, but I liked the second one in the series (not the first) so decided to take a chance. Thank you!

 
At November 03, 2005 11:26 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

I hope you both enjoy this book as much as I did.

:)
Alyssa

 

Post a Comment

<< Home