A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Tuesday, January 03, 2006

More Writing Thoughts

I've entered. Now it's a waiting game until March 1 when the winners are announced. (And to my reader who was reading the revised version, keep reading! I'll still welcome any feedback.)

I read the story aloud tonight before submitting and discovered some interesting things:

  • The hero took off the heroine's suit jacket even though she had already taken it off herself earlier.
  • He took her hand twice in the last scene. He doesn't take both hands; no, he takes her hand twice.
  • The hero refers to an event that happened "yesterday" when it really happened that morning.
  • I used the same phrase twice in one paragraph several times.
I fixed these problems and definitely recommend reading your work aloud for just this reason.

I submitted under a psuedonym. When I first starting writing romance in high school, my pseudonym was going to be Rebecca Lindsay. I'd never read Johanna Lindsay, by the way; I just liked the sound of the name. I guess even then I knew that if I ever published fiction, it wouldn't be under my given name. I thought about sticking with the first name at least, but it doesn't have the same rhythm as the one I ultimately went with.

Speaking of which, it doesn't have to be a huge secret, but I'll still put the name of my alter-ego in the comments section rather than in the body of the post.

Wish me luck . . .

Labels:

3 Comments:

At January 03, 2006 10:49 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

My writing blog is at this URL:

http://liasebastian.blogspot.com

Just call me Lia.

:)

 
At January 04, 2006 5:31 PM, Blogger Jaynie said...

wahoo - go Alyssa, or should I say Lia *g*

wishing you much success,

 
At January 04, 2006 7:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, I like Lia! Very pretty :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home