A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, January 29, 2006

Several Random Thoughts

I keep thinking of things I want to post, and individually, they aren't really enough for separate blog entries. So I've decided to lump them into one entry.

First, I've been wondering what Shelly Laurenston is up to these days, and I know a few others have as well. Looks like her next book will be published by Samhain, although I don't think there's a release date yet. It makes me wonder a little, especially after Nicole's speculation about Triskelion. But I'm looking forward to Laurenston's next book, wherever it's released.

I managed to show some restraint at the used bookstore yesterday, mainly because I accidentally left my list at home. I guess I know what I need to do to show restraint in future. I'm also showing a surprising amount of restraint in the wake of Jay's post about a sale at Amazon. I wish I could take credit for it, but what happened is that I saw books that I want to buy and thought about adding them to the cart.

Then I reminded myself about this summer's RWA signing and how I want to minimize the number of duplicate books I buy this year. So I refrained. And really, I have plenty of books from last year's signing that I haven't read yet. Will that stop me from going this year? You guessed it: nope.

I did not refrain from buying Amy Garvey's I Love You to Death on Friday. I'm going to tell myself it's because I had a 25%-off certificate. Yeah, that's it. I'll post a review of it sometime this week.

Poor Kristie has been waiting for me to finish Patricia Veryan's Poor Splendid Wings, a rare book she loaned to me. I keep getting sidetracked. So, here is my official vow. I will have it finished by next Sunday, February 5. Hold me accountable, people.

Labels:

4 Comments:

At January 29, 2006 4:58 PM, Blogger Angela James said...

I still have to send you your books but probably not until Wednesday. We are very poor this paycheck and I can't afford a post office trip but you should have them in a week!

 
At January 30, 2006 2:04 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's sometimes too poor for a post office trip.

I initially posted about the Amazon sale so that I could live vacariously through you guys since all my books come from PBS and library sales these days, but looking through, I couldn't find 4 books I really wanted. Good job on the restraint though!!

 
At January 30, 2006 11:32 PM, Blogger Alyssa said...

No worries, Angie. I have enough books to tide me over a little longer, I think. ;)

Jay, finding books I wanted wasn't my problem. I am pretty pleased that I didn't succumb to temptation.

 
At January 31, 2006 7:24 PM, Blogger Kristie (J) said...

No hurries Alyssa. It is rather a large book. I'm anxious to read what you think of it when you're done. It's been a while since I've read it. And remember - rent the movie when you're finished *grin*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home