Futurelove
There are simply not enough hours in a day. Yesterday, I came home from work and did some scrapbooking for the first time in months. I also worked on revising the NaNoWriMo story so I can
Anyway, I'm home with a stomach bug today, so I have time to read and blog. I bought Summer Devon's Futurelove and thought it was terrific: 4.5 out of 5.
Time-travel agent Collins is preparing for a routine assignment to the past when rebels kill his commander and force him back in time, unprepared. With no sex-suppression drugs and incomplete training, he's stranded in a strange old world.
Candy was almost resigned to her humdrum life until a man in a strange black get-up dropped onto her park bench. If he wasn't gorgeous, and wounded, she might listen to her common sense and run. But curiosity and kindness have always been her weaknesses, and the fact that this guy rouses her long-dormant libido doesn't hurt, either.
Overwhelmed by the novel sensation of lust, Collins can't resist Candy's sensual sweetness. But every fevered joining of their bodies breaks the stringent laws to which he's sworn allegiance. Being trapped in the past is bad enough. Committing carnal crimes with an irresistible 21st century indigenous could destroy his future--and hers.
I like so many things about this story that I don't know where to start. Futurelove features one of my favorite kinds of heros--one with less sexual experience than the heroine. Collins struggles to stay aloof as he has been trained to do, but he finds Candy very tempting. His inexperience was realistically depicted; at least, it seemed that way to me. And he learns quickly, hoo boy!
Candy ends up experiencing a roller-coaster ride in this story as she tries to figure out where Collins is from. She's a delightful heroine with a great sense of humor. In fact, I smiled all through the story. Futurelove is a wonderful combination of comedy and romance.
I enjoy futuristics, and while this one has a primarily contemporary setting, I thought the futuristic elements were well explained and incorporated into the story. I also enjoyed Devon's first story, Perfection, so I'm adding her to my auto-buy list.

Labels: 4.5 reviews, c-e reviews, e-books, paranormal reviews

3 Comments:
I noticed you're reading Shelby Reed. I LOVE her writing. Love it, love it, love it.
awwww, thanks, Alyssa!
Sorry about the stomach bug. Yeech.
Kate (who's Summer)
Sylvia, I liked the book (as you already know from the review). I'm looking forward to reading something else she's written.
Kate, you're welcome. Thanks for writing a good book!
Post a Comment
<< Home