A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Whirlwind

If there is one word that describes this month, it's whirlwind. A month ago I was still waiting to hear about a writing contest I entered. Since then, I revised the story, submitted it somewhere else, had it accepted, signed a contract, filled out a bunch of paperwork, and had a cover created. It honestly doesn't seem like all this could be possible since March 1, but that's what's happened.

These days I'm feeling slightly schizophrenic. I'm trying to do everything I've been doing in months past, and it just isn't working. Something's got to give. I'm already reading considerably less than I used to, although I still read a few books a week. I'm going to give my commitments some serious thought so I can decide what to drop. I won't drop this blog (I've got a few blog entries saved as drafts; I just need to finish them), and I won't stop writing. I'm also committed to continuing my writing blog and writing for the Cobblestone Press blog. Everything else I need to think about.

So, here's today's thought question: when you have a lot to do and not enough hours to do it in, how do you decide what to let go of? And what techniques do you use to manage your time?

Labels:

2 Comments:

At March 27, 2006 3:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pick the ones that make me smile and let as many of the others go as possible.

 
At April 04, 2006 1:09 PM, Blogger Gigi said...

Hm. I have horrible time management skill. I just ignore all the unpleasant tasks which might explain my gigantic laundry pile. I think I like Beverly's approach. BTW, I've been out of touch for a while but I'm sooo excited about you being a writer and getting published. I had no idea. Oh boy I sorta know someone famous!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home