Tagged
I've been tagged by Megan and Sybil.
1. When did you first start blogging and why?
The sidebar helped me answer this one. I started blogging in September of 2004. I discovered blogs through Laurie's blog, and started branching out from there. For me, blogging appealed to me in a way message boards didn't. My plan was to have a dual focus on books and scrapbook pages, but the latter kind of fell by the wayside. Ah, well.
2. What don't you talk about?
Politics and religion. I don't talk about the former because I'm not very interested in politics. As for the latter, it's just a private part of my life that I'm reluctant to put out there for public consumption. I think I've mentioned it on my blog twice. I did get a kick out of the woman at Suzanne Brockmann's Target Tampa event who asked if I could get excommunicated because I read romance. Uh, no. LOL!
I also don't go into detail about where I work. I have complained about my job more than once and have talked about my work hours. But only one or two of you know the name of the company I work for; even then, I've told people in person, not by blogging the information. This is deliberate. Not because it's a bad place to work, although it has its moments like any other workplace. But I don't want to bring people here who either work for the company or who are looking for information about it. I'm here to talk about books.
3. Are you and your blogging persona the same person?
I'm not a different person at my blog, but I don't reveal everything about myself either. I guess I'd say that blog visitors see me but not a complete picture.
4. How do you use blogging to build friendships?
I wouldn't say that I blog to build friendships, but it's happened through the process. I've been visiting some people's blogs for years now, and you get to know people a bit through that process. I've really enjoyed it, and it's always fun to meet people whose blogs I visit.
5. How would you describe your writing style?
Hmmm. Well-edited? Ha ha. That's what happens when you're a writer and editor--it's not something I can compartmentalize.
What is the opposite of snarky? I'm definitely not a snarky blogger, and people who know me in person know I have more of a sense of humor than is evident on my blog.
I'm not tagging anyone this time because I'm getting ready to leave for my trip and don't have time to see who hasn't been tagged. Be prepared next time, though . . .
Labels: memes
1 Comments:
I swear I had posted a comment on this before, but Blogger--well, 'nuff said.
Thanks for playing, Alyssa, and I'll see you soon!
Post a Comment
<< Home