A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Coming Soon . . . and a Contest!

I've got a bunch of partially written reviews that I need to finish and post. Watch for more in the next few weeks. Coming up: reviews of Linda Howard's Drop Dead Gorgeous, Elizabeth Hoyt's The Raven Prince, and Kink by Sasha White and Saskia Walker.

Speaking of which, I'm hosting a contest with the prize being a copy of Kink.



I'll be interviewing one of the authors, Sasha White, and I want your help. So, visit her site, return to this blog entry, and post a few questions for her. I'll compile a list of questions and will draw the name of one person who suggests questions. Sound good? I'll take questions on this post until January 31.

Labels:

13 Comments:

At January 27, 2007 11:13 AM, Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

Hello Alyssa,

Ooo a contest for Sasha. SH eis one of my favorite author's and i look forward to reading her book Kink. Love her books. Very nice contest. Goodluck to all.

Q1. Sasha, How did you become published? What influenced you to become a writer and what is your story about making it happen?

Q2. Sasha, Out of your books which one was your favorite to write?

Q3. Sasha, Is there a new fantasie you have in mind for any up coming new release? If so please share with us? We want sneak peaks *G*

Q4. Sasha, What is your writing schedule like? Do you set a certain schedule for yourself? How
often do you write? Is there a certain number of books you try to accomplish each year?

Q5. Sasha, What makes good chemistry between your hero and heroine?

Ok I think I will stop now don't want to get all greedy and not let others have a chance to ask questions.

Hugssss
Linda.H.

 
At January 27, 2007 11:14 AM, Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

Oops one more question.

Do you allow your family/friends read your books as you write the(before publishing)?And do they influence a story by their opinions and critiques??

Hugssss
Linda.H.

 
At January 27, 2007 11:15 AM, Blogger ReadingIsSoMuchFun said...

Hey Ali,

good to see you here. I emailed you back hun. Did you get it?

Hugssss
Linda.H.

 
At January 27, 2007 11:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Question: Sasha, have you experienced any of the things your heroines have experienced in those steamy love scenes you write?

*smiles*

Blessings,
LindseyAnn

 
At January 27, 2007 12:16 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

What books feature a club named The Dungeon?


Have you ever written a character based upon a family member or a friend?

What is your favorite part about writing?

Do you do any research for your books?

 
At January 27, 2007 1:29 PM, Blogger Debbie E said...

Sasha?? KINK??

It was LUST at first sight.

Where do you get all these BDSM ideas? Does this just come to you in your head with the characters.

I must admit - I live vicariously through Sasha - the devil part! LOL!

YEAH SASHA!!! Another release.

Thanks Alyssa for offering this contest and such a FANTASTIC prize.

 
At January 27, 2007 5:01 PM, Blogger Sasha White said...

WOW, tons of questions already! YAY!
This is gonna be fun. Thanks Alyssa!

 
At January 27, 2007 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to know how many of the allure authors begin their stories from their friendly get togethers...do they find these stories in margeritaville or?
I know I have certain people I hang with and the ideas pour out of us when were er um.. pouting!

 
At January 28, 2007 2:18 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi Alyssa, I have some questions for Sasha.

1. Where do you get your ideas, from movies, books, articles you read, your life, your imagination?
2. When you're writing your book do you go out spotting male talent for inspiration, or do you use movie stars, models, etc.
3. What is your favourite erotic romance and why?
4. What age were you when you read your first erotic romance and why?
5. Do your parents read your novels? If so, is it weird?

 
At January 28, 2007 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, question time!

1. What is your favourite romantic pairing of all time, e.g. Ross and Rachel, Bones and Booth, Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.

2. What is your favourite sexy movie?

3. What is your favourite sexy scenario, like the builder and the lady of the house, the maid and the master, the slave and the mistress, etc.

 
At January 28, 2007 8:28 PM, Blogger Caffey said...

Hi Alyssa, Here's some questions i'd love to hear from Sasha about too:

1) Having written the futuristic books with Amber Quill Press, do you plan to write other genres besides your contemps with Kensington? If so, what genre would you like to write?

2)If you could invite any 5 authors to your home to dinner, who would you invite and what would you love to ask them?

3) How did you celebrate your first contract/release or at least with Kensington? And too, do you still celebrate each release?

 
At January 29, 2007 12:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My question for Alyssa are

What's on your TBR list at the moment?

 
At January 29, 2007 12:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would like to know

What is your favourite music?

What books did you read as a child?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home