A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Monday, January 24, 2005

2004 Reader Survey

I think I might have a cold. As I mentioned in an earlier blog entry, I have been feeling a bit off. I ascribed it to my strange sleeping on Friday, but today I can't seem to stop sneezing, and I'm feeling yucky in general.

I've also been working on my entry in the 2004 Annual Reader Survey. Here are my votes:

Best Romance
When He Was Wicked, Julia Quinn

Favorite Funny
Undead and Unwed, MaryJanice Davidson

Most-Hanky Read
Divided in Death, J.D. Robb

Most Luscious Love Story
The Bane Affair, Alison Kent

Most Tortured Hero
Dylan Moore, His Every Kiss, Laura Lee Guhrke

Strongest Heroine
Eve Dallas, Divided in Death, J.D. Robb

Best Hero
Michael Stirling, When He Was Wicked, Julia Quinn

Best Heroine
Sookie Stackhouse, Dead to the World, Charlaine Harris

Best Couple
Eve Dallas and Roarke, Divided in Death, J.D. Robb

Most Annoying Lead Character
Kris Baldwin, Time's Captive, Kate Lyon

Best Author Who Debuted in 2004
Sophia Nash

Best Buried Treasure
We've Got Tonight, Jacquie D'Alessandro

Guiltiest Pleasure
Wickedly Hot, Leslie Kelly

Author Most Glommed in 2004
Suzanne Brockmann

Best Cabin or Road
When He Was Wicked, Julia Quinn

Best European Historical
Slightly Dangerous, Mary Balogh

Best Traditional Regency
A Passionate Encounter, Sophia Nash

Best Contemporary
Smart Mouth, Erin McCarthy

Best Series
We've Got Tonight, Jacquie D'Alessandro

Best Romantic Suspense
The Bane Affair, Alison Kent

Best Alternate Reality
Dead to the World, Charlaine Harris

Best Chick Lit
Bombshell, Lynda Curnyn

Best Short Story
"Dancers in the Dark," Charlaine Harris, Night's Edge

Author You Gave Up On in 2004
Maggie Shayne

Author Others Love that You Don't
Laura Kinsale

Most Disappointing
Return to Me, Shannon McKenna

Worst
The Lipstick Chronicles, Lori Soard

Purplest Prose
Return to Me, Shannon McKenna

I had forgotten Return to Me until I was organizing books this weekend, and I found it. I love McKenna, but Return to Me was a disappointment. Hopefully I'll like her next book better. It's due out in April.

I didn't vote in the Best American Historical, Best Medieval, or Best Villain categories, because I couldn't think of any standouts. But it was fun to create this list.

Alyssa

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home