A blog devoted to my reads, scrapbook pages, and other areas of interest.

Name: Alyssa
Location: Utah, United States

Sign Up for My Author Newsletter E-mail:  

I'm a reader, reviewer, and published author at Cobblestone Press. In this blog, I focus mainly on the books I read: primarily romance in almost every subgenre, with the occasional true-crime book thrown in for a little variety.

When I'm not writing, I enjoy preserving my photos through the art of scrapbooking. I also love scented candles, though of course I don't burn them too close to my books or scrapbooking supplies. :) I also enjoy watching A&E programs such as Cold Case Files and American Justice.

View my complete profile



Cobblestone Authors Blog
My Blog Entries at Romancing the Blog
My Book Reviews at The Romance Reader
My Favorite Blogs
My Writer Blog










Design By
Ciao My Bella

Platform By:
Blogger

Powered By:
By The Book

Image By:
Getty Images

eXTReMe Tracker

Free Site Counter
Site Counter

Thursday, January 20, 2005

Romancing the Blog

You might have noticed the new Romancing the Blog (RTB) columnist box--as you've guessed, I decided to accept the invitation to be one of their bloggers. The first task was to write a 75-word bio for the page. I spent an hour writing it. An hour! Just crazy.

I've almost finished my first RTB blog entry, and I'm completely overanalyzing what I've written so far. I think I'll let it sit for a few days and come back to it. I'm not scheduled to post it until February 10, so I'm actually ahead of the game.

Watch for a reading report in the next few days. You don't really think I went to Tampa and didn't read anything, do you? ;)

Alyssa

Labels:

2 Comments:

At January 20, 2005 11:36 PM, Blogger Wendy said...

We can form our own little overanalyzing club. My problem is that my inferiority complex has kicked in and I think what I've written will be like the worst-blog-entry-ever! And everyone will point and laugh at me and wonder "Why the hell did they invite her?!"

I guess we'll find out when I post on 1/31. In the meantime I'm going to try to beat my middle-child tendencies into submission. Shouldn't hurt much :)

 
At January 21, 2005 5:18 AM, Blogger lost said...

10 Feb? 31 Jan? Oh, cripes. Lucky you. Mine is 26 Jan. Closer to the firing line. :D

I refused to analyse mine. I know it's crap but the topic interests me, so I hope it interests the others as well. It was the word count issue that made me bang my head on the desk.

"901? Bummer. [delete, delete] 828? OK, I need to get rid of about 500 words, right? OK ... [delete, delete, rephrase] OK, what's the word count now? 210. 210?! How did that happen?! How do I undo the deletion? There. What's it now? 901. Ah, crap. *banging head on the desk*"

I agree doing the bio is hardest. I still can't believe that I managed to mention Scottish sheep in mine! I hate sheep yet they are in my damn bio! Come on, the sheep?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home