The Heartbreak Kid
Grrr. I just lost a blog entry. I guess that's what happens when I don't type it in Word, then do a copy and paste. Live and learn, but still . . . grrrr.
I finished The Heartbreak Kid by Alison Kent, and I enjoyed it very much. The hero of this book is the brother of the hero in Call Me, which received a 4 out of 5. The Heartbreak Kid also receives a 4, though I liked it a bit better. One thing I like about Kent is that her adults act like adults--they think and talk things through when they need to.
This will probably be my last blog entry before I leave for Tampa. The end of packing is finally in sight, and tonight I received some last-minute FAQs from the event organizer. One answer explains the best time to bring your books to have them signed, especially if you have more than 10. Um, that would be me. I can't wait to see what kind of reaction I get when my book suitcase goes through security and the x-ray (or whatever) machine.
I made a scrapbook page for Suzanne Brockmann's guestbook; the tags hanging out of the envelope can be pulled out, and I wrote messages on them. I also had some pictures developed. Now you can see my poor rear-ended car and the rental I'm currently driving.
I expect to be back online next Tuesday or Wednesday, and I'm sure I'll have a lot to report. Until then, happy reading!
Alyssa
Labels: 4.0 reviews, book signings, contemporary reviews, i-l reviews, scrapbooking

3 Comments:
I hope you are able to read this before you go: Have a wonderful time, Alyssa! :)
Thanks, Maili! You caught me just as I was making last-minute fund transfers. LOL! Talk to you when I get back.
Alyssa
Hope you're having a wonderful time, Alyssa!
BTW, I always write my posts using w.bloggar. You can save as you write, but it's much better than using Word because you can automatically add the html tags (even using keyboard shortcuts) and post directly from the program. I've been using it for over a year and it's always worked wonderfully.
Post a Comment
<< Home